Sunday, July 22, 2007

Back in the Day

High school was simpler, easy.

Those days of carefree living. Only worrying about grades and whether he liked us or not. Not knowing that really WAS the best time our lives, just like our parents said. No wine, no vodka to clear our minds, we didn't need it. No bills, no responsibilities, no war. I miss those days now. And I'm tired.Tired of all those things that we could have never imagined would have happened when we were in high school. Buying a new outfit. Going to the game. Hanging out with our friends, not a care in the world. And as much as I thought then that I didn't have a real childhood, I realize now that I did.

And now it's too late to appreciate it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey! I just happened upon your "Crystal Clear" Blog and I hear everthing you are saying! I have been a military wife for 17 years. Two months after we got married my husband left for the Gulf the first time and it hasn't stopped since. The funny thing is, I am in Idaho visiting my parents right now but I also live in Schweinfurt. Been there for over 3 years. I was heading to bed, it is 1:15am here, and had a feeling I needed to get on line. Started surfing on google and saw 1 line about "the elite sisterhood of being a military wife " and it caught me. Anyway, life is strange and it is such a small world! Take care, and God Bless!

C. Lewis Brown said...

Deborah: What a small world! We have probably met each other and never knew it :) Thanks for stopping by!

RoadRunner said...

Boy do I hear you! Ahhh...the days of leisure and little problems. Can I get just a little in a jar to pull out when being a grown-up is just too much?

Anonymous said...

Well written article.